Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Running providing clarity in thought processing...

No running today. Another hectic week so far - this appears to be somewhat the norm at present, however things should slow down in coming weeks. I yearn for that normality in one's daily routine.

Even though there was no running - let's say there was mental preparation for October 8, which probably counts for nothing but it makes me feel better.

There are times when one needs to withdraw and reflect on things that happened. This is something that running has taught me in recent times. Taking stock is something that does not yield with me but it is something that it's worthwhile for the long term - it's keeping things in perspective. Again I return to the actual process of preparation (the journey that enables to reach the destination) rather than the outcomes. Everyone now and then I return to the old habit of focussing on the outcome when the process counts as much as the outcome. In recent days I had opportunity to reflect on the beauty of running in that it has been a good mental processing machine for me. As a way to illustrate the point, I had a presentation at a forum at which seventy five people attended and I was the first to present and the feedback received was very positive; apparently I set the scene for the rest of the day so the organisors told me this morning. Unlike other presentations I made this one was characterised by the fact that I thought about what I wanted to say at times I was running, this is to say, running provided me with the nurturing environment to think the scope and key points of my presentation. Clarity. And now, to another point, venturing to write 100 things about me was perhaps a bit daring of my part but one that I enjoyed immensively, felt confident I could say the things I said (although I am tempted to modify certain said things).

After all, running has been a marvellous journey (life was already that way but further enriched with running).

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...