Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Learning to finish the job before getting on with the new one

Old habits don't go away... I am already wondering what I am going to focus on after October 8. There are a few options under consideration. I ought to focus on accomplishing the MM. I cannot start thinking about other things before finishing the goal I set at the start of the year - whether I like it or not I must persevere a little longer.

This evening I run two laps around The Tan and finished running fast for the past 750 mts... which made me feel good - particularly around my lower legs which are still feeling the strain of the pain and sore muscles. Having said that. today's run was a relatively easy and booooring if you really push me to comment. I had company which was good but there was no challenge. Besides there were too many people running around, including that feral fellow who runs like a maniac around (some of you know who i am referring to) so we have to stick away from training herds and those zebras walking like they are the only ones in the planet.

For those who I have bored with the whingeing about me 'hating' running I have to say that I find far more challenging a long run than a short run. I am beginning to get used to the idea that there is a certain threshold of pain involved in a long run and I find it more stimulating and rewarding than simply hitting the road for say 8, 10 or 12 kms. I suppose it is a question of preference. Speaking of preferences, I run today with a NB fiber singlet which I bought last Sunday and I must say I prefer running with 100% cottom shirts.

I received three email messages today about my post from yesterday commenting on my note about my little stubborness. Apparently I indulged myself - but no specifics were mentioned so I take it as people are having fun.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...