Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Run a Full or Half Marathon?

That's the question that is in my mind today. Should I be in a position to do the full or half maraton on Sunday 8 October..? I originally intended that by this time I would have done twice 30kms... well, it has only happened once and I am wondering whether I completed only 28kms.

Today I drove along Beach Rad once again to verify the territory I have covered and the distance does not seem to match with calculations and maps. So, let's put it this way, I am still short of 12 kms build up in order to feel confidence I can do it. On the other I am interested in crossing the line not on finishing on a good time (you see I am not into that sort of stuff!). Howevrer I am wondering on the physical impact and the mental ability to do the full. Time is ticking away to make a decision (whilst it may seem I am playing games, I am genuinely considering my options).

I am confident I can tackle the HM, starting from Rickets Point to the Melbourne Arts Centre. I need to ensue I am happy with what I decide to do at the end.

See map ( click on course and rules):
http://www.melbournemarathon.com.au/.

That's all folks...

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...