Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Consolidating 25km runs...

I feel confident I can tackle a HM again...

This week: 26
Total August: 86 kms

This morning I started my run at 07.30 in the morning from Brighton Baths, again. (I know... I am beginning to sound predictable, there was a reason for it though). I headed south as usual. I started at a very easy pace for 15 mins, noticeably my legs were not quite there and I attributed this to the fact that I had not warmed up. Last time I run was last Tuesday, so I was weary today to avoid any unnecessary quick start, but I can say that after running for a total of 2h20mins I feel good and happy.

I only felt of quitting once today... I think this is an improvement. I even notice that the run was not a major effort and this probably a sign I am beginning to get used to the 20-25kms runs, however there is still a long way to the 42kms required for the marathon.

Because I promised some friends I will meet them for breakfast, I started to head back not long after I passed Charman Road, Cheltenham (1h15mins). What I surprised me from today's run was that I was meant to be back at the Brighton Baths at 09.30am and I returned at 09.32am... so I timed it very well.

I had breakfast at the Brighton Baths with friends who had been cycling; the usual runners were not there today. The benedict eggs were nice and tasty but the coffees we had were weak and uninteresting (nb milk did not reach the right temperature). If you are like my friends and I who enjoy a superb cup of coffee, there are so many places in Melbourne where they dont make a good cuppa. I hope this trend stops and we get back to basics about the art of coffee making.

... however I am not quite there to tackle the full marathon.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...