Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday Reflection

I am not making this into a habit, here are a few personal views:

1. I am ambivalent who should be the winner in the World Cup. My preference was for a Brazil-Germany finale, naturally with Brazil winning (after all, Latin at heart). Although I wish I were there since Berlin is my favourite city.

2. I am completely astonished at the similarity of how other runners have felt after completing their first big HM or M. I went through similar questioning and validation check after I completed the Run to the G HM. Similar to them, I am a novice but they are expressing similar reaction to the one I had for a week or so after the run. Is it a state of emotional turmoil, exhaustion, or feeling overwhelmed for such achievement?

3. It is absolutely inspirational reading some of the blogs of the runners I have checked in recent days. It is amazing how many of them 'go about' their everyday life and their personal stories, but more interesting is the fact that they are prepared to share their passion, dramas and let unfold their lives on to other bloggers. The contemporary world is absolutely amazing when it comes to sharing personal stories. Yet these are people who I only know through these blogs.

Life is full of exciting stories...

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...