Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Melb Marathon Considerations

No running today. I had opportunity to consider my options and training regime for coming weeks. Amazed to see how supportive and encouraging people are in progressing the idea that running a marathon is not a bad option after all.
I am absolutely wary that my training regime is not optimal but the essentials are there.

My pal Gabi is absolutely determined to run the Melbourne Marathoon this October. Rodri is still not convinced but he is determined to bring his HM record down by 20mins from the Run to the G HM. As for Alex, he is still trying to determine what event he is running to ascertain whether he runs the M or HM this October.
To some extent I will be happy to commit to the HM rather than the full marathon - I feel it is a bit early for me.

Interestingly, other friends have started to train - so the numbers are picking up for October (either FM or HM). Another good friend has joined the gym ... so the fitness webb is ever expanding.

Two songs I have been listening time and time again in recent days: Slide in (Goldfrapp) and Beath Connection (LCD Soundsystem).

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...