Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Twisted Anckle and Identity

Today was one of those days you wish you did not have... I twisted my ankle not once but twice. So this evening instead of venturing out to meet the regular Monday night group I am at home nurturing my twisted ankle. Now that I remember I had not twisted my ankle for a long time so the pain felt rather awful.
There is not much happening in the running front this week. Life goes in cycles sometimes when one needs to focus on other things.

This evening I browsed through some blogs and, impressed me the quality of the writing of some of them. It makes me wonder how much time, dedication and passion is inmersed in the lives of those who write it. One blog I perused last week highlighted to me the struggle of one's person life in the six years of residency in Australia. A migrant from England, going through critical adjustment after a break up. Another blog emphasised the struggle, power and determination of losing weight and addressing issues what matter in life. Interestingly, the thing that attracted me the most was the issue of identity which was central to both.

As someone who left the country of birth twenty three years ago and lived in other countries prior to settlement in Australia, the idea and notion of who I am central is to me my existence and core values as individual in this society. It goes beyond the notion of simply residing, working and living abroad. It goes to the heart of doing the things that matter in the right context and environment. Migration of twenty years ago is different to the one of today, after WWII, when the Irish, Italians, Jewish or Puerto Ricans settled in the Brooklin. Migration (and the individual consequences) is evolving and will continue to evolve as it has evolved for thousands of years.

Life goes on.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...