Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An uninspiring session

This week: 38 kms
Total August: 8 kms

I returned to the Mckinnon Reserve today for a session which consisted of running four laps around, followed by stretching and then some sprinting around the athletic track. I did all of that but felt it was a non-event session.

Whilst I was running I felt my legs were not responding as well as I expected. Maybe this is a sign that I am feeling somewhat tired and needed to recover a bit longer.

This Sunday the plan is to run around The Tan, do a few laps to the satisfaction of those runners who find the venue as the only place where to run. The advantage of running around The Tan is that other friends can join us for part of the run, or simply accompany us to the succulent breakfast that follows.

Last night had dinner at a city restaurant (just off Collins St) and had penne rago. That rago was extremely tasty, had a nice homey taste and, overall, it has been one of the best pasta dishes I have had for some time. I am not exaggerating. Whilst I cannot recommend the Italian wine we shared as recommended by the waiter- the wine was rather unconspicous, heartless and euphemeric in character, albeit to say the pasta dishes were resounding in taste and flavour and added to the signature of this well known city restaurant.

Reflecting on the running now, I am beginning to start noticing that I am reducing pace so that I last long distance. The other I noticed that I was not working as hard as I had previoysly done unless I am getting used to run long distances. Need to clarify my thinking here

BTW, life is like a fruit salad.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...