Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Running Reflection without Running

At 08;30am this morning, I sat at my favourite coffee shop. I opened the newspaper and started to read it in such delight; the owner did not come to unwrap the newspaper as he has done previously. I got my usual large flat white and as I enjoyed and contemplated what the day was going to bring for me, I realised that my sense of happiness and fulfillment radiated to the neighboorhod tables... I wonder if the scarf does the trick... There is an element of gratifulness that makes the difference. The wife's owner came to me and asked me if I was feeling good. Affirmatively I responded yes. In all of this, there is an element that each day is different to the rest and as we go each day with our lives, we make a progressive difference. It's all in the effectiveness of such balance rather than the fullness that accounts and matters.

Whether I like to admit it or not, at the end of the day, the running is filling a very important part of my life right now. The levels of stress are so minimal and, yes, these are so low because the running has been a great help.

I have not run since Tuesday but I am beginning the mental preparation for a long Sunday run - although one of my running partners run to request to change it to Saturday... I am considering whether to change it or not. The idea was to have a big group of friends joining us - for a walk, for a run, for cycling or simply join us for breakfast at the end of the exercise.

Right now, I am struggling with sore throat, acheing back and a headache... hopefully it will stay that way. My recipe for getting better quick is honey, lemon, ginger and tequila, combined with hot water and off to bed to sweat the tequila... if it doesn't work at least we get to feel happy and sleep well.

TTFN...

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...