Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Run after a week of rest

Yesterday evening I run two laps around The Tan. I felt not only fresh but also relaxed and my knees were absolutely fine. I run with David, one of the fellows at work, who confidently enough likes to challenge himself. We started our run around opposite the Victorian Barracks and headed towards the river; there were so many runners training and was wondering with how many of them I will be crossing paths in October during the Melbourne Marathon.

I did not time the course yesterday and in reality I do not care what the time and running pace were. I simply enjoyed the run and having the opportunity to talk to someone at the same time.

Mentally I feel more confident of tackling the distance and pushing myself. Whatever course I decide to run in October (HM or marathon) I will do it on the basis I wish to enjoy what I do. This is why I do the things I do. Nothing else and I do not compromise on jeopardising a sense of fulfilment and satisfaction in whatever I choose to do.

This is a brief note about the running, but I shall return to what I have done in the past week. I not only celebrated my birthday but also twenty one challenging years of living Down Under. It really struck me what my neighbour said to me the day after the party "you not only have interesting friends but they are interesting to be with". I suppose I am blessed I have friends who over the years have been great mates. We are more like family.

For the rest of this week it will be extremely hard to return to the running.

H.B. CdM

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...