Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Finishing the month on a high..!

This morning I run my planned course - from Middle Brighton Baths to Warrigal, and back. So this means that it was the longest distance I ever run on a single journey. It also means that I exceeded my longest time running - two hours and forty two minutes.

I finish the month of July on a very high note:
* run a total of 169 kilometres (oh gosh!! what a number!);
* completed a run of 30 kms (today, yepeee!)
* run the longest time ever - 2h42m (my previous time was probably 2.10hrs).

Today's course:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=329341.

I originally planned to run with Alexis and Rodrigo today, but Alexis advised me that was unable to run and Rodrigo did not show up. So I started on a easy pace for 15 mins and then stopped to stretch for 5 mins. After that I continued my run at a pace that would allow me to do the long distance. I felt good for the first hour and a half. After that, I thought it was a question of keep working on making the time. This strategy worked for most of the course. The last three kms it was a question of reminding myself that I have to do it... did I think of quitting? yes, but i walked for five minutes and stretched a couple of times, then kept going.

It was easy for me to run [from Brighton] to Ricketts Point and I kept going with the confidence that whatever happened I was heading towards achieving new distances and a time record - that made me feel good. I had a sense of satisfaction when I reached Warrigal Road and then I turned back inmmediately ... kept working on preserving energies for the journey back.

In a nutshell, I feel confident and optimist I can run half marathon, but I am yet to find strength to run consistently 30 kms... As I write this note I feel more satisfied now compared to how I felt after completing the Run to the G last June.
(See post : http://angel-journey.blogspot.com/2006/06/first-half-marathon-in-1h-39m.html.)

On my way to Warrigal Road, around Ricketts Point I could see Frankston's Down Town - I started to wonder if I would manage to enrol for the marathon. This thought only lasted a short time because I was too preocuppied admiring the bayside. I also noticed some markers for the Melbourne Marathon - 18kms and the 21 kms - a few metres away from the Ricketts Point Teahouse, the start for the HM).

As for the month of August, I will reduce the amount of running ... I am taking time to organise a party for 21 challenging years living Down Under and my birthday; after all I am typical Leo.

That's all folks!

Ps - For once, I did not look the time in my watch until I reached Warrigal Road... this means I am building confidence in going for the distance.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...