Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A misty Sunday run along the Yarra

This morning, Rodrigo, Alexis and I completed a run from Fairfield Park to The Tan, in 1hr 40min. The morning was foggy, cold and perfect for a good Sunday run – able to concentrate and catch up on anything we had not spoken for the past week.

Years ago I used to cycle all around the Yarra Bend, Yarra River, Yarra Trail, and god know how many different names there are. The trail has changed and is more ‘urbanised’ rather than the rugged territory it previously had within the inner city boundaries.

As we all run at different paces and the intention was to run a nice collective effort, we sustained a pace comfortable for two thirds of the runners. Probably we covered the first three kilometres rather fast than originally intended, but climbing up around Kew-Richmond was noticeable for Rodrigo, who reminded us that the marathon was not for him. The closer we run to the city the more runners, walkers and cyclists we saw.

We started at 8.10am – as scheduled - and reached The Tan at 9.40am, ready for a nice and succulent breakfast at our usual café in Domain St. Originally we planned to reach the Tan by 9.20am. Initially I was told that the distance from Fairfield Park to The Tan was approx 12.5kms, when in fact it is closer to 16kms. Ariel, Gonzo and Gabi joined us at the cafe.

For next Sunday, Gabi is competing in the SC Princes Hill run (30kms), Rodri and Aexis (HM). Unfortunately I am not able to join them. Wish them well and hope they have a pancake for me.

As I progress my training for October, I will schedulling more runs around the bayside so I become accstumed to the the territory covering Mordialloc to Elwood.

This week: 18kms
Total July: 97kms

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...