Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Day Makes a Huge Difference

Today I had one of those days that was meant to do so much but achieved very little. Alas, no running today.

Yerterday I felt I could have subscribed to do the marathon this October. Today, I looked at the Melways and moved my finger across the several pages it covers to do the distance; reality is that I am not ready for the big run. No way Jose.

Just imagine ... I can tackle running across maps 67, down to 76 and 85 (from Brighton down to the Clock Tower in Black Rock), but then turn to maps 86-87 (Beaumaris to Mordialloc) the whole thing gets a bit disconcerting and once you figured your way down to map 92 (Aspendale to Edithvale) you realise you are still away from getting to Frankston. Bloody hell. Maps 93 and 97 (Chelsea and Carrum) are north of Seaford which happens to be still north of Frankston - the Melbourne Marathon starts in Map 102. Forget counting the maps and the number of suburbs it takes to get to the start. Far, far, far too many.

So today I am considering whether the October proposition is a crazy and silly idea. I like the proposition of running a few HM before I venture to the serious stuff. I suppose I could use the incentive of trying HM in the northern hemisphere to make the challenge more exciting.

Ps - This morning I had the compote with my Red Hill muesly and it tasted superb. Certainly using a few threads of saffron made a huge difference and the fresh orange added tanginess. I cooked a kilo for myself so I dont have to worry for a few days, and it is also nice for a lazy dessert evening with organic yoghurt. Yum yum yum...
A variation of the recipe is to add a glass of viognoir (Heathcote or Morningtoon, earthy stuff and crispier than sauvignon).

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...