Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

139 Humangous Kilometres so Far

This week: 30 kms
Total July: 139 kms

Wow!! The figure run this month looks impressive... by the end of this week I should have run the biggest ever amount in any single month period of my whole entire existence! That's marvellous! Enough crap. Move on. Get over it.

Today I returned to The Tan for two laps, which I enjoyed very much, however I thought the run was easy. My running partner does not run that much so it is all about working together - so I was happy to do at an easy pace. I left the office after six and dropped one of my colleagues at her home in Sth Yarra and then to the course. We started running near the 2km mark so we had time to warm to get up the hill - which we took it easy. Our second lap was about the same but picked pace as we approached the hill.

Do you know how I call the strecht before the hill? The Calm Before the Storm. It is deceiving and if you dont know the ritual that follows, i.e. how to tackle the hill, one succumbs before you even get started. Dont fool yourself if you silly enough to pick the pace of a bugger just doing training in that little section.

How do I know the calm before the storm, or "la calma antes de la tormenta"? Dont know. What is it?

One post I received today from a dear friend insinuated that I should go for the gadgets... but you know what I am not sure if running is what I should keep doing in the long term!

I am beginning to enjoy the long distances but the short distance runs I am beginning to find tedious. So after October, depending on what I race I do, I will reassess my running objectives; there are more things to do in life than just running.

That's all folks!

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...