Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Am I getting mental ... like all those old fart runners?

This week so far I run Sunday (18kms) and Tuesday (12kms). I intended to run on Thursday evening as I have been doing for the past few months but after visiting the physio on Weds I decided it was wise to rest. This morning i thought I would go out for a run but it was too cold and running around the beach is too windy anyway.

Did i hear physio? Yes. I went to the physio for the first time ever. (Thank God for private insurance!) Since I shifted my running from The Tan to Bayside, I have experienced a pain in my knee. It's all okay and it is a question that instead of running same way as previously I have to take into consideration that the surface is somewhat different.

But this is not all, I bought two running magazines today. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Runnnin mags? Am I going nuts or what? It's true, I decided to buy for the first time ever two running mags to see what it's there.

This is getting worse... I have been considering that I need to buy another pair of runners to make the running easier. I am currently running with Asics GT2100 and i would not mind getting same or the top of the range. Hang on... the craziness does not finish there, because I like gadgets I have been pondering whether to get a running watch or one of those things that all serious runners wear (HR, pace, distance travelled, GPS, et al). So far I have resisted getting an iPod but I will probably reward myself with one.

Bloody oath! Am I am getting serious with it...? probably, but to a point. There's more to life than the running and trying to have achieve PBs. It's all about the process and the fun involved in it.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...