Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Not a bad month after all

Runs since last post:

Tues 30 Jan – The Tan – 7.8 kms

Mon 29 Jan Princes Park – 5 kms

Tu 23 Jan - Coast Path – 5 Kms

Thu 18 Jan –The Tan – 4 kms

Sat 13 Jan – Albert Park Lake – 5kms

This month: 81 kms

Incredible January went so quickly! Holy cow!

Although I started well the year in running terms, I have taking things easy since my run on Sat January 13th when I ran around the Albert Park Lake. On that day I noticed that my left leg was not responding as well as expected. I had severe pain and was unable to run beyond the one lap. It was the same sort of pain I experienced last September when I was diagnosed with shin splints. Shin splints strikes again but this time on the other leg!

So what I have done instead is reduce running considerably – well, a good excuse to focus and do other things.

Recently I had lunch with an old pal of mine who ran 16 marathons and his wise advise was to forget running a marathon so soon (so GOR is out of question). Instead I will concentrate in running my first around June and then the MM in October. I will enter some of the fun runs in coming months.

And, the running fever continues with friends and other pals... another member of El Sindicato has decided that the MM is a goer!





Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...