Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Getting serious with... running

Today: 8 kms

This week: 27.5 kms

This month: 54 kms

Running

I returned to The Tan this evening for an easy 8 km run, which I truly enjoyed it. Besides, if I wish to return to the long runs sometime soon, I better keep going for those runs that help build towards the desired goal. I am beginning to find the runs easier to handle and, I am beginning to get used to slow starts and finish strong.

I bought today my first running book –The Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon. I cannot wait any longer to get into reading it and putting into practice some of the principles outlined in the book.

Claypots

One of my favourite eateries in Melbourne is Claypots, specifically the St Kilda outlet. I had a nice meal there this evening with some friends, and whilst we waited for our table we had a drink at the bar. Yes, there is a bar now – an annex. The bar opened five weeks ago so I was told by the bar attendant. She recommended we tried the Czech beer, which was very appropriate for a hot summer evening. The wine selection is one full page and appears to be comprehensive. The wines are at good prices.

We ordered the usual stuff, a few tapas, the grilled calamari (this time prepared differently – it was served with peppers, onions and potatoes; all good flavours) and the snapper (very tasty and the herbs were just perfect).

Originally I was told therePublish was a waiting period of about an hour and a half. We got our tables within forty minutes or, in plain vernacular language – two beers later. Sometimes it feels it is easier to catch a fish than securing a table at this restaurant.

Just in case...

I usually post my stuff without edits - the thoughts appear as they emerge. Because, I tend to rush things around, I do not tend to review the text.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...