Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, January 01, 2007

First of January - First run!

I started well this year... I went for a 5 km run this evening, from North Rd Brighton to Glenhuntly Rd Elwood and back to North Rd. The conditions were not so good for a run because it was rather humid and opressive

After the MM and having taken 6 weeks to recover from injury, I still find difficult running. I feel I have lots fitness. My original plan was to have gained form by Christmas. What I mean by gaining form is that I would like to be able to do one weekly run of 20kms + and the longest I have managed so far wass 10kms (on Christmas day, I must say). So i have been forced to rethink about my plans to start fully training for another race. I think the earliest I could aim now is April.

Life
Went to see Happy Feet last week and I truly enjoyed it. I think that some of the scenes of the film are not apt for children under 6/7 years old. Having said that, today's children are - I think - more exposed to see stronger films than in my generation. The film has a strong political message in that preservation of the environment as well as endangered species of animals is critical .

I had ten days off and time disappeared...! I had a wonderful time with the family. I managed to read the dailies every morning... ah! what a pleasure!

I would be one of the very few suckers who returns to work on the 2nd of January...

Capital punishment
I do not condone taking the life of a guilty person as a way to deal with justice. I grew up in a country where capital punishment become a common practice at the height of the war and many innocent lives were lost this way. Death penalty should be abolished regardless of the crime and the individual.
I would rather see those responsibles for atrocities locked away and given a sentence of 30-40 years improsement.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...