Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A crazy day… but managed to run

Today: 4.5 kms

This week: 27.5 kms

Today was a crazy day… started with shopping at one of the DFOs, which I think are not the bargains people often think they are (same stuff can be purchased at even better prices at the retail stores – just know when they offer the big discounts!). After that I ended up in Rebel Sport checking the Polar range of watches / lap / HRM. It’s somewhat crazy that I am considering buying one – but this is because my casual watch – a Swiss Army – has the wristband broken and I think it will cost more money to get a new one than what it is worth. Then I had to drive to Cape Schanck to collect Izzy and Seb.

Later in the afternoon, unexpectedly I had an opportunity to go to out for a run – so I took the chance to go to The Botanical Gardens. Given the heat and the extreme windy conditions, I only managed to complete one lap and a bit, but happy that I have ran five times this week. Considering that I ran last night I decided to take this afternoon’s run easy; in fact my legs were not quite there to go for a fast run. I must say that I am very pleased with the new running top I am wearing – an Adidas, white one – it feels far more comfortable than the New Balance I have worn for the past two months. It feels Adidas fits me better than the New Balance.

If I compare today's run against yesterday's, I have to say that I felt more comfortable yesterday. Dont know why - I cannot say that the glass of Pinot I had at about 3 pm or the G&T at 5pm played a big role, but I would imagine that the windy conditions and the humidity made today's running somewhat unbearable. I am beginning to notice that my legs are getting firmer (needless to say that my calves are very muscular already).

Initially i thought I would manage to run 10kms at The Tan - since it is one of my favourite running places - compared to my little mileage I have accummulated running around Elwood 0 but it was not meant to be a long run yet. I am listening to my body - my legs really.

So I am very happy that this week has been a very good running week.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...