Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Huh! Pretending nothing is nothing

Last run on Thursday morning.

Let's be honest... the difference between a normal Sunday run and an event run is the fact that you put under pressure (unnecessarily indeed). I had a hectic day, arent all Saturdays the same for everyone...? so much to do and so little time to achieve everything one set to do.

Attended Rodrigo' and Clare' party at lunch time. It was a lovely do and three very emotional speeches by Ariel, Clare and Rodrigo. Clare's three unknown things about Rodrigo were very revealing. I was a good boy by not drinking alcohol at all today. I was very much intrigued by the plaque I read in the bowling club - which detailed the sponsors: a security company and a funeral director. In the wall opposite, there was a plaque for all those who have departed, "in memorium".

Rodrigo is part of the "Monday Night Group". I will have to start another blog to relate stories about this group of friends, who we have seen each other every Monday night for the past eighteen years.

I followed the advice of drinking water throughout the day somehow my metabolism is faster than me... I have continuosly felt thirsty today. Now i have bought a drink off the supermarket shelf that is "seriously serious stuff" - let's see if it really quenchies my thirst.

I am cooking the fruit dried compote as I write this note. I am happy so far about the World Cup but feeling rather tired - not enought sleep.

Tomorrow is my first ever event. I am excited but I am also feeling nervous. Somehow suggested we should all run together all the course and someone else suggested the first 8kms... let's see what is the outcome.

I am outcome oriented not goal oriented.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...