Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A good run after a week of inactivity

Total this week: 10 kms
Total for June : 38 kms

After days and days of not running I returned to a two-lap of The Tan this evening. It was a nice and enjoyable run on a winter's night. I started running around the 2.5km mark heading towards the river. I run at a nice and easy pace. There were lots of people training this evening which was a good motivation.

Yesterday I visited for the first time the Duncan McKinnon Reserve. I was very impressed by the good state of the track. Impressive. I run a few laps and did some sprinting - a very enjoyable experience.

For the past few days I have been feeling rather hungry. Even though I eat well and plenty of everything - including fruit, vegies and meats, I feel I have to increase my serving sizes. I suppose I have always been a conscious eater and now I have to eat plenty to keep my energy levels right. For once, I am eating more red meats.

I just finished cooking some black beans (which I must say a very tasty) and a chicken mole. The mole has a nice smooth texture and plenty of character - it must be the chile chipotle.

I enjoyed very much the Australia-Japan match. Australia defeated Japan so comprehensibly - amazing to see it took 84m for Australia to kick the first goal.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...