Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Running with young Felix

For the past few weeks, I have religiously ran on Monday evenings but today I made the exception because Felix, 6yo, wanted to run with daddy. So I had to rush from Downtown to get home before 6pm so we could go together to the Duncan McKinnon Reserve, where he wanted to go training. Obviously I lowered my expectations from running 10kms around the Princess Park to about one lap (400mts), to my great surprise not only he ran one full lap but we did three extra 100mts sprints... a good training session.

Our 400m lap was an easy one for me but one of immense joy for Felix who not only did one very good lap without stop there was not a sis or older brother compiting with him - just him and daddy. For a few days he was bugging me he wanted to go running with daddy. Yesterday he wanted to come with me to The Tan but preferred to stay with the babysitter.

Anyway, today's session was a very fulfilling and a special one. Worth more than any other regular run, had the greatest of all company.

I finish April with the best mileage ever. Now May is not going to be so good... a move of house will force me to put my energy and effort elsewhere.

Hasta luego!

Labels: , ,

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...