Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A naughty runner

Today: 22 kms - Middle Brighton to Ricketts Point (return)

I did today what I had wanted to do for about four months... I went for a long run along the Coastal Trail, starting from Brighton Baths to Ricketts Point and back again to the same starting point. I started running very late in the morning (10.50am) and I went easy and had an enjoyable time going through the bushes and running alongside many recreational cyclists.

Probably I should not have done such a long run when I have had an inconsistent two weeks of running, but (hey!) I set my goal that by end March/early April I will get to do 20+ on a Sunday. After seeing the children head off to the Peninsula for a few days I rushed to get change and have two hours of relaxation by running.

Last time I ran similar distance was before the Melbourne Marathon so it was an exciting morning. I felt particularly happy with this accomplishment.

And... great to read the race reports from those who did the Run for the Kids today...!

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...