Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Travelling through South Australia

Sunday, 4 March - Robe, South Australia - 11 kms

Ran along the coastline. It was an awesome ran because the scenery was spectacular. It was a sunny afternoon and the skies were relatively clear, not too hot. There were plenty of people around and I ran away from town and, as I entered into the beach I realised I was in a long stretch where vehicle were permitted. The sand felt due to the motor vehicles going across all day long.

I commenced running slowly and as I felt warmer I picked pace. Indeed I had a strong finish around town.

Today I travelled from Melbourne via Hamilton and Penola to Robe. Stopped for lunch in Penola. Visited one winery – Koonara, where I had a wonderful experience when I was there last November. Had a nice lunch at Irises Café, in the main street of town. After lunch I headed strait to Robe.

It was my first visit around this seaside town. There were plenty of cars around Robe with Victorian number plates.

Travelling through the supposedly wetlands of South Australia

Monday, 5 March – McLaren Vale, South Australia – 12 kms

Today I travelled from Robe via Kingston and Wellington to McLaren Vale. I stopped for lunch in Langhorne Creek. In Langhorne Creek I visited two wineries: Bleasdale and Rusticana Wines (where I had a nice platter for lunch – worth trying their frittata, which was superb).

When I got to McLaren in the afternoon I went for a run. I ran in the McLaren Vale Linear Trail, which goes from McLaren Vale to Willunga. It is a bitumen trail that travels through the vineyards. I had a false start because I could not find easily the trail so I run for about two kilometres trying to find it, but when I finally I did I had an enjoyable experience, because there were hardly any people around and it felt really running through the vineyards. I am beginning to wonder if there is any marathon anywhere in the world that goes through vineyards.

Another when I felt I had another strong finish; I ran the last two kilometres at a quick pace. I feel so happy that I am managing runs with good finish… Ah the beauty of not suffering from any injuries at this point in time.

Tuesday, 6 March – Barossa Vale, South Australia – 10 kms

After I booked in at the place where I would stay for the next two days, I decided to go out for a run to relieve from the stress of driving and going across the madness of Adelaide peak hour traffic.

I ran from the town of Tanunda to Nuriootpa in the walking trail alongside vineyards and the main road. Those two towns are even kilometre apart and the run walking trail is approx 4 kms long, mostly going alongside vineyards, and as I ran I went past Chateau Dorrien, Kaesler and Penfolds, just to mention a few.

I ran for about an hour at an easy pace. Feeling happy that I have run three consecutive days.

Wednesday, 7 March – Barossa Vale, South Australia – 11 kms

After spending most of the day in the Clare Vale and visiting some wineries and having a fabulous lunch at Skillogaee, I went for another run covering the same territory from Tuesday. The exception was that I increased the distance by one kilometre because the curiosity got the best of me to check a couple of interesting sites. Curiously, I completed the run in less time than the previous day. So I have figured I run at about 70-80% of race pace. There was very little wind in comparison to the previous day.

So, for the past four days I have run the equivalent of a marathon mostly through vineyards and along the coast.


Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...