Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Running – One year on!

Runs since last post:

Mon –26 Feb – Princess Park (3kms – 1 lap)

Tues – 27 Feb – Brighton-Elwood-Brighton (10 kms)

Thur – 1 Mar - Brighton-Elwood-Brighton (10 kms)

February Total: 113kms

This week: 23 kms

South Australia Interlude

I am so excited that my long delayed and treasured South Australian interlude is effective tomorrow. I am taking off as soon as I can in what is to be a break from the steadily pace of work-life and other banalities, so I can focus in progressing development of a manuscript to bring into perspective my upbringing in the ‘Land of the Eternal Spring’ and the diaspora that follows - years of exile, self exile and temerity of uncertainty.

Needless to say that the ambit where the writing is scheduled to take place is… surprise surprise surprise: Wineries. I am targeting visiting wineries around McClaren, Barossa and Clare valleys. Then, down to business, armed with notebooks and laptop, writing down memories and recalling historical events and moments of the years of conflict.

Made no concrete plans and no bookings at all. Follow the free spirit.

Life and other matters

Regular blogging has become a bit of a challenge in recent weeks but I have made extensive progress in all fronts, which this blog is intended to represent:

- Running – progressing well – I feel running 20 kms is soon to be a regular Sunday activity

- Cooking – planning a “Three Indigenous Dinner Party” for winter, with dishes from Mexico (Aztec), Guatemala (Maya) and Peru (Inca).

- Painting – done none yet but sketched a few.

- Life / Writing – progressing in a awesome fashion – feeling very much inspired. Have come across so much relevant material in recent weeks that is assisting me in firming manuscript direction.

Let’s focus in the running dimension for a minute… March represents to me the first anniversary of regular running. For the first time in my life I have run solidly for one whole year. This week I ran twice the Brighton-Elwood-Brighton course which a year ago was a struggle. Not only I run the course that a year ago felt so much that I finish very strong – this is what I call feeling confident.

Labels: , , ,

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...