Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A good run and a good day!

I run today 8 kms in 40mins... not bad considering it was really cold at 6AM when I started. I almost stayed in bed but had to stick to my decision to run today.

I rung along North to the beach and then I headed to the Elwood canal at such a lovely pace that I forgot it was really cold. Then I returned to North Rd and I even had the leasure to run backwards for about 100mts (not once but twice). Felt superb afterwards.

Let's forget the run because the rest of the day was a good ripper. I met with the owner of the coffee/bar where we are cooking this Saturday. Menu and ingredient list confirmed and wine choices settled (but wait ... there is more to it in a second).

After work I attended a function and guess what... I ended up talking to the rep of one wine distributor who imports Spanish wines and tomorrow we shall make a deal so I am switching wines if the price is right. So we shall drink some nice tempranillo -a type of grape not often seen here in Australia. Tempranillo is the new pinot to put it bluntly.

Lets put it this way what's going on this Saturday... Spanish night of tapas and paella, plus Spanish wines. Ah! what a delight and excitment. Twenty six people attending. Hopefully everything will work fine. I shall start preparing things early Saturday afternoon for a fun night. One, two chefs and two or three kitchen helpers!

But the good luck of this evening does not finish there... I also ended up talking to the owners of two superb restaurants. One in St Kilda and the other in Middle Park. So this coming Monday we, the usual Monday night crowd, will change places from Fitzroy to this new venture. I will return to talk about these businesses in next week's postings.


When I was running this morning I thought that I have been luck not suffering any injuries so far. I feel blessed.

G'night.

Ps - The taxi driver that brought me home tonight was a nice chap from Uganda who spoke a few European languages. He played fabulous African style of salsa in his car.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...