Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hey dude, I have missed running

Okay, I will say it: Even though I have a full on life, I miss running.

I have been really busy in recent days that I hardly had any spare time to firm up some other stuff which I consider important. The inevitability is therefore delaying things.

Whilst I am beginning to prepare mentally for one easy run next week, I will do so at an easy and relaxed pace. I will build up proressively.

Federalism
The ruling of the High Court in favour of the Commonwealth's case brings a new dimension to federalism. States power is further eroded. Nothing new here, really. States power have been eroding over the past twenty years or more.

In this age and era, it appears that the rule of the province, state or regional authority is diminished for the national rule. After all, we are part of a global and universal market! Yuk!

I wonder how long it will take for the first bold move from Canberra to take power away from the States. Certainly health and education are two key areas - further privatisation are likely to follow in years to come.

Finally... It goes beyond me why there is no national uniformity in educational standards here in Australia...

Another bloody draw for the Socceroos
Why do the socceroos cannot play a match and not concede a goal...? Again today against Ghana, another defence blunder against a weak opposition. Socceroos drew 1-1, playing in London. For Christ's sake stop making silly mistakes!

Read the story in The Age .

Unbelievable sightings
Monday night having a hot chocolate at Cafe Nova (in Brunswick St, Fitzroy) with members of 'El Sindicato', I spotted a Guatemalan from the distance. I did not know this fellow but I simply said "Hey chapin!" when he went past the cafe. He quickly turned around to see who said that ... It turns out he's been living in Melbourne for a year and only knows one other Guatemalan. Last time I sighted a Guatemalan in Melbourne was many many many years ago.

His name is Ernesto, an anthropologist, plays the guitar and sings. We agreed to meet very soon to share some "chistes" (jokes in Spanish) and eat beans, tortillas, mole, pepian and have a few rums (Ron Zacapa).

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...