Running, cooking, life and anything else that matters And, It's all about me...!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Running and things in life that matter

Running
Well, there has bee no running since the group run with Vicky, Em and Tony… I am taking time to recover from the shin splints, which were annoying me immensely. Time has been taken by other activities that required my attention.

There days when the pain in my lower leg disappears and, at times it is there again as a companion to remind me to let time go past and recover well.

I have received plenty of suggestions as to how occupy my time which otherwise would be occupied with running… To be frank the time has not been available since I have plenty of work, commitments and other interests to keep me occupied. However I am considering whether I should get a personal trainer to keep me focused. After my experience last year with a personal trainer (who insisted on a five times a week program, gym visits and coaching) I am considering whether this is a workable option if I wish to resume training before the end of the year.

Work stuff
Last week I ended up spending a good share of my time preparing for an important presentation of a topic of my professional interest. The presentation went very well and it reminded me of the importance to establish a good and sound credibility on a topic that can set one apart from other experts in the same field.

The point being here is that I believe in certain things and I am passionate about them – so pursuing them should be a matter of priority.

Stand up for freedom

I stand up in support of Amnesty International for freedom of expression on the internet. I wholeheartedly support AI’s point: “Freedom of expression online is a right, not a privilege”.
AI’s statement can be read here and it contains cases of people whose freedom have been taken away:
http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engpol300542006I
I would like to encourage those who are interested in preserving human rights and the right of expression to lend support to Amnesty International.
Click in the link below to access AI’s website:
http://www.amnesty.org/

Cooking and Wine
In coming days I will be posting some experimental recipes... A bit of flavour, passion and flair! Tasty stuff I have cooked since the Melbourne Marathon.

Climate change
I just heard that the UK's PM has released the Stern report on climate change. I look forwardd to reading it and joining in in any action to make a difference.
The BBC also has a comprehensive section on climate change and it provides good coverage of the report.

Free Web Counter
Free Web  
It's all about me... pursuing certain goals...